Maximizing Your Space When Decorating
You might have a lot of things that you would like to display but you are aware the clutter makes your place look terrible.
There are many ways you can fix problems with clutter and still display your favorite collections.
– If you have a smaller kitchen with a lot of items piled up your counter tops, refrigerator or bar top you should consider kitchen hang-ups.
You can find mounts in your ceiling that you can hang your pots and pans. This looks really good above an island or along the wall. There are wired hang-ups with hooks you can stylish hang coffee mugs and extras. This gives you the opportunity to decorate your kitchen while you are making the most use of your space in the kitchen.
– If you have collections of things that you would like to display then look into floating shelves and display cases. If you don’t have room for display cases you can line your walls with stylish and affordable shelving. It will give your room a new look.
– It also makes your room look much bigger when you make the most of your space with shelving because items are not spread throughout the place, but neatly organized on the walls.
– If you are short for space and you have many items throughout your home you would like to display then get them off of the floor and put shelving and hang-ups throughout your home.
– Exploit the often under-utilized space between the tops of furniture and a room’s ceiling with hanging or high-mounted elements. They’ll draw the eye upward. Take bookcases and cabinets all the way up.
– Re-purpose that wobbly old chair, lidless sugar bowl since they have served their original purpose they still can be used. Use them as decorating accents. Instead of it becoming clutter take a second look and assigning them new functions, and in so doing, add style to the surfaces they grace.
You will be surprised how much more space you have in your home and how nice it looks to display your things rather than have them piled up. If all else fails and still need to reduce the clutter donate the rest to your local charity. Make sure the items are still in good shape. They are always happy to receive gently used items. One last note, keep a donate clutter bin handy because we all know we will have more items to donate later on!
Having problems making your space look the way you want it.? Don’t panic, I can help by doing a redesign of your existing space.
Call me today to schedule an appointment – 281-538-6202
Thank you for visiting All About Interiors . Please fill out the following form to send us a message. Please click on the “SEND” button when you are ready to send your message. You may use this form to request more information about our window covering options and services. We look forward to hearing from you!